Turkey Scholarships has launched Research Fellowship Programme with an aim to encourage international researchers and academics to work with Turkish academics on collaborative researches in Turkey and contribute to the development of the international scientific interaction between researchers.
Research proposals that has been conducted previously by the applicant or the advisor will not be accepted.
Research areas are limited to social sciences and humanities subjects announced by Turkey Scholarships and applicants are required to state the specific research topic in the application.
Scientific competence of the applicant, scientific/academic value of the research proposal and its feasibility are taken into consideration in the evaluation process. Also, the proposed research’s contribution to applicant’s career development, his/her country and host institution are evaluated.
Applications are received online. Applicants may submit their applications throughout the year. Candidates must fill in the application form in the link below, scan required documents and upload them to the online form.
Applications are evaluated within 3 months from the date application is submitted. Candidates are informed of the outcome of their applications by e-mail. The e-mail consists of the follow-up information as well for successful applications.
Phd holders or PhD candidates who are citizens of countries other than Turkey may apply to the Research Fellowship Programme.
Candidates must have completed their PhD studies or be at the dissertation stage.
Also, it is essential that candidates have an official Acceptance / Invitation Letter from a university in Turkey for research.
(To have an Acceptance / Invitation Letter, researchers should contact the universities individually)
Other requirements are as follows:
Being under 45 years old as of application date (preferably),
For PhD students, being enrolled at a university doctoral program abroad and being at the dissertation stage,
Having a PhD diploma for PhD holders,
Certifying the language proficiency required for the research.
IF personal data will be collected with the methods such as experiment, survey, focus group discussion, practice, having the “Ethics Committee Approval Certificate” from the Ethics Committee of the university;
IF a study will be carried out on historical monuments and archeological sites with non-public information, documents from institutions and organizations, having “Legal Permit” taken from a related governmental institution,
AMOUNT OF THE GRANT
Monthly grant for the year 2016 is 3.000 TL (almost 1.000$). Fellowship does not include costs such as accommodation, insurance and tuition fee. If deemed appropriate by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee, researcher’s academic activities (conferences, panels, symposiums, survey, field research, etc.) may be supported.
• Applications will be evaluated by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee.
• Research Fellowship Programme is for a maximum of 12 months.
• Researchers conduct their researches under the guidance of an academic advisor from the Turkish university which candidates receive Acceptance / Invitation Letter.
• Grants will only be paid for the months the researchers stay in Turkey during the research period.
• Researches are tracked with reports that researchers prepare periodically and are evaluated by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee.
• Researchers have to submit Final Report to Türkiye Scholarships Office at the end of their studies.
Suggested Research Areas;
- Archive Research
- Citizenship in Europe
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Area Studies
- Conflict and Security
- Democratic Institution Building
- Foreign Policy
- Immigration & Refugees
- World War I & II
- Economics and sub-branches
- Human Rights
- Human Resource Management
- Islamic Finance
- Public Sector Finance
- Public Policy
- Public Management
- Comparative Politics
- Cultural Studies
- Media & Culture
- Ottoman History
- Art History
- Political Sciences
- Social Movements
- Sociology and sub-branches
- Colonial History
- History and sub-branches
- Turkish Education
- Turkic Studies
- International Relations
- International Public Law
- Intervention and Statebuilding
- International Organisations
- International Political Theory
- New Media
- AKDENİZ UNIVERSITY
- ANADOLU UNIVERSITY
- ANKARA UNIVERSITY
- ATATÜRK UNIVERSITY
- ATILIM UNIVERSITY
- BAŞKENT UNIVERSITY
- BİLKENT UNIVERSITY
- BOĞAZİÇİ UNIVERSITY
- DOKUZ EYLÜL UNIVERSITY
- EGE UNIVERSITY
- ERCİYES UNIVERSITY
- ESKİŞEHİR OSMANGAZİ UNIVERSITY
- GALATASARAY UNIVERSITY
- GAZİ UNIVERSITY
- HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY
- İSTANBUL UNIVERSITY
- KOCAELİ UNIVERSITY
- MARMARA UNIVERSITY
- MİMAR SİNAN GÜZEL SANATLAR (FINE ARTS) UNIVERSITY
- ON DOKUZ MAYIS UNIVERSITY
- MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
- SAKARYA UNIVERSITY
- SELÇUK UNIVERSITY
- TRAKYA UNIVERSITY
- ULUDAĞ UNIVERSITY
- YILDIZ TECHINAL UNIVERSITY
Click to apply: basvuru.ytb.gov.tr
Türkiye Scholarships Office: T.C. Başbakanlık Yurtdışı Türkler ve Akraba Topluluklar Başkanlığı Mevlana Bulvarı No:145 Balgat Çankaya / ANKARA – TÜRKİYE
For information and requests:
Kaynak: Turkey Scholarships